Ever need to throw something together quickly? This is what I did with these cheesy garlic biscuits and the family asks for them now ever since. I was making a soup and got caught up in things (I lose track of time a lot) so I didn’t have time to make dinner rolls. We really love rolls with soup so I found a way to whip together something that would go with soup and was quicker to make.
I do make dinner rolls a lot still when I have time, but when I don’t I make this instead! They are easy to make and you probably have the ingredients right now. No yeast so they don’t have to rise.
Making Cheesy Garlic Biscuits
You can have these together and on the table in about 15 minutes from start to finish. It is better to take a little longer to let the butter sit out first to soften, but if you cut it up and go carefully in the microwave you can soften it enough.
If time permits you to do so, take the butter out and let it soften. When short on time, cut it into thin slivers and microwave on a small plate for 10 second intervals until soft. Too long at a time and it will melt – still usable but better if not melted too much.
Combine dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter/dough blender, add in the butter. You can use a fork to combine as well, but the cutter is recommended if you have one. The texture of the biscuits will be better and the it will be easier for you to combine.
Mix in the cheese and stir. Next mix in the milk. Spoon the dough out on a baking tray in 12 equal amounts.
Take your butter for your topping along with the garlic powder and place them into a microwave dish. Melt the butter – do 15 second intervals. Take your basting brush and gently dab the biscuits with the butter/garlic topping. A little on each one is all you need.
Bake at 450 for about 7-10 minutes, depending on your oven. Check them at 7 minutes. They should be starting to get a little golden and the tops should have some darker spots forming.
You might even enjoy them just a little darker, so don’t throw away if they are darker! This is just where my family likes them at.
I have made these with several dishes now, anytime I would make rolls but don’t have the time. Or if the family asks for them with dinner. Some of the things we served these cheesy garlic biscuits with include:
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Prime Rib (they bake while the roast is resting)
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
What will you serve these with?
Cheesy Garlic Biscuits
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup shredded cheese cheddar is recommended
- ⅔ cup milk little more if needed
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450°Combine dry ingredients for the dough in a bowl. Cut the butter in with a pastry cutter/blender, or a fork if you do not have a cutter.
- Add in the cheese and toss to mix. Mix in the milk and it should be a thick dough. If it is still a little dry then add more milk a tablespoon at a time.
- Spoon onto a baking sheet in 12 even amounts.
- Melt the butter for topping with the garlic powder.
- Using a basting brush, gently dab the melted butter/garlic mix on top of each biscuit.
- Bake at 450°F for 7-10 minutes. They should be getting a golden color and the tops should be getting some darker points on top.